- Bishop John Wester
- Cardinal Daniel DiNardo
- Cardinal Donald Wuerl
- Archbishop Leonard Blair
- Bishop Frank Caggiano
- Archbishop Paul Coakley
- Bishop Eusebio Elizondo
Bishop John Wester
Archbishop Peter Sartain
Cardinal Daniel DiNardo
Archbishop Gregory Aymond
The bishops elected:
- Archbishop Dennis M. Schnurr of Cincinnati USCCB treasurer-elect in a 126-110 vote over Bishop John M. LeVoir of New Ulm, Minnesota
- Bishop George V. Murry, SJ, of Youngstown, Ohio chairman-elect of the Committee on Catholic Education in a 132-106 vote over Archbishop Robert J. Carlson of St. Louis Archbishop
- Archbishop Joseph W. Tobin, CSsR, of Indianapolis, chairman-elect of the Committee on Clergy, Consecrated Life and Vocations in a 144-96 vote over Archbishop Samuel J. Aquila of Denver
- Archbishop Wilton D. Gregory of Atlanta, chairman-elect of the Committee on Divine Worship in a 124-114 vote over Bishop John O. Barres of Allentown, Pennsylvania
- Bishop Frank J. Dewane of Venice, Florida, chairman-elect of the Committee on Domestic Justice and Human Development in a 128-111 vote over Bishop Robert W. McElroy of San Diego
- Archbishop Charles J. Chaput, OFM Cap., of Philadelphia, chairman-elect of the Committee on Laity, Marriage, Family Life and Youth in a 141-98 vote over Bishop Frank J. Caggiano of Bridgeport, Connecticut
- Archbishop José H. Gomez of Los Angeles, chairman-elect of the Committee on Migration in a 140-58-21 vote over Archbishop John C. Wester of Santa Fe, New Mexico and Bishop Anthony B. Taylor of Little Rock
Each bishop elected will serve for one year as secretary-elect or chairman-elect before beginning a three-year term.
Bishops elected to the CRS board were Bishop James V. Johnston of Kansas City-St. Joseph, Bishop Gregory J. Mansour of the Eparchy of Saint Maron of Brooklyn, Bishop Arthur J. Serratellli of Paterson, and Bishop Joe S. Vasquez of Austin.
Bishops vote on 3% increase assessment of budget and finance and a change in the size of the book of the chair.
Votes on budget and liturgical changes.
- USCCB PRESIDENT- Archbishop Joseph Kurtz
- COMMITTEE ON COMMUNICATIONS - Bishop John Wester
The U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops (USCCB) meet November 16-19, in Baltimore for their annual Fall General Assembly. The bishops hear addresses by Archbishop Joseph E. Kurtz of Louisville, Kentucky, USCCB president, and Archbishop Carlo Maria Viganó, apostolic nuncio to the United States. The bishops discuss and vote on revisions to the proposed USCCB strategic priorities for USCCB's next planning cycle.
Bishop John Wester
Archbishop Timothy Broglio
Bishop Richard Malone
Mass of Ordination to the Permanent Diaconate from Boston’s Cathedral of the Holy Cross. Cardinal Seán O'Malley ordains 12 new deacons. It will be rebroadcast on CatholicTV Monday, October 19 at 10 p.m. and Saturday, October 24 at 10 a.m.
Story from The Pilot on the new deacons: Timothy A. Booker, Paul F. Carroll, Nicholas Cruz, Joseph E. Dorlus, James T. Kearney, Kelley B. McCormick, Jonathan A. Mosley, John P. Murray, Charles R. Rossignol, Jose B. Torres, Roger F. Vierra, and Thomas M. Walsh.
Father Daniel Mahoney, chaplain of the Boston fire department, prays for those who died in the terrorist attack of September 11, 2001, and all first responders.
Commemorative Mass of Thanksgiving celebrated by Cardinal Seán O'Malley on the 450th anniversary of the founding of the city of Saint Augustine, FL.
America's Catholic Television Network
See episcopal Ordinations, major liturgical celebrations and important events in the life of the American Church. Check here for updates on upcoming special programming, or watch on demand.