Cardinal Sean O'Malley celebrates a special Mass at Boston's Cathedral of the Holy Cross for ordination to the transitional diaconate.
Mass of the Nativity of the Lord celebrated by Archbishop of Chicago Blase Cupich from Holy Name Cathedral.
Mass for the Nativity of the Lord celebrated by Father Michael White from Maryland.
As America marks the third anniversary of the Sandy Hook Tragedy in Newtown, CT, Father Robert Reed offers this prayer from America's Catholic Television Network.
The CatholicTV Network broadcast of the 2015 Cheverus Awards presentation from Boston's Cathedral of the Holy Cross. Archbishop of Boston, Cardinal Seán O'Malley presents 128 medals to laypersons, deacons and religious during this vespers service. Medal recipients are chosen for their service to the Church and God’s people in the Archdiocese of Boston.
CatholicTV will rebroadcast the event Monday, November 30 at 7:30 pm.
Cardinal Seán O'Malley celebrates Mass to mark the Conclusion of Year for Consecrated Life at Boston's Cathedral of the Holy Cross.
- Bishop John Wester
- Cardinal Daniel DiNardo
- Cardinal Donald Wuerl
- Archbishop Leonard Blair
- Bishop Frank Caggiano
- Archbishop Paul Coakley
- Bishop Eusebio Elizondo
Bishop John Wester
Archbishop Peter Sartain
Cardinal Daniel DiNardo
Archbishop Gregory Aymond
The bishops elected:
- Archbishop Dennis M. Schnurr of Cincinnati USCCB treasurer-elect in a 126-110 vote over Bishop John M. LeVoir of New Ulm, Minnesota
- Bishop George V. Murry, SJ, of Youngstown, Ohio chairman-elect of the Committee on Catholic Education in a 132-106 vote over Archbishop Robert J. Carlson of St. Louis Archbishop
- Archbishop Joseph W. Tobin, CSsR, of Indianapolis, chairman-elect of the Committee on Clergy, Consecrated Life and Vocations in a 144-96 vote over Archbishop Samuel J. Aquila of Denver
- Archbishop Wilton D. Gregory of Atlanta, chairman-elect of the Committee on Divine Worship in a 124-114 vote over Bishop John O. Barres of Allentown, Pennsylvania
- Bishop Frank J. Dewane of Venice, Florida, chairman-elect of the Committee on Domestic Justice and Human Development in a 128-111 vote over Bishop Robert W. McElroy of San Diego
- Archbishop Charles J. Chaput, OFM Cap., of Philadelphia, chairman-elect of the Committee on Laity, Marriage, Family Life and Youth in a 141-98 vote over Bishop Frank J. Caggiano of Bridgeport, Connecticut
- Archbishop José H. Gomez of Los Angeles, chairman-elect of the Committee on Migration in a 140-58-21 vote over Archbishop John C. Wester of Santa Fe, New Mexico and Bishop Anthony B. Taylor of Little Rock
Each bishop elected will serve for one year as secretary-elect or chairman-elect before beginning a three-year term.
Bishops elected to the CRS board were Bishop James V. Johnston of Kansas City-St. Joseph, Bishop Gregory J. Mansour of the Eparchy of Saint Maron of Brooklyn, Bishop Arthur J. Serratellli of Paterson, and Bishop Joe S. Vasquez of Austin.
Bishops vote on 3% increase assessment of budget and finance and a change in the size of the book of the chair.
Votes on budget and liturgical changes.
America's Catholic Television Network
See episcopal Ordinations, major liturgical celebrations and important events in the life of the American Church. Check here for updates on upcoming special programming, or watch on demand.