Watch the major moments from November 3's Magnificat Day of Faith.
The MAGNIFICAT Foundation, in association with the Diocese of Orange and CatholicTV, hosted the first “MAGNIFICAT Day of Faith” at the Crystal Cathedral, recently re-named Christ Cathedral. This historic gathering of Catholics from around the country was a chance to rediscover and celebrate the very heart of the Christian experience - the “joy of believing.”
In October, the Church began its “Year of Faith.” Pope Benedict XVI calls all Catholics during this special time to “rediscover the joy of believing” and MAGNIFICAT is eager to play its part. Father Robert Reed served as the master of ceremonies. This gathering was a chance to rediscover the amazing joy that comes from having confidence in God – a joy the Blessed Virgin Mary proclaims in her Magnificat song of praise. The Day of Faith is the first major Catholic event in the Crystal Cathedral, one of the most splendid marvels of modern architecture. This great get-together of the faithful included liturgical prayer, outstanding presentations by leading Catholic thinkers, magnificent renderings of sacred music and much more.
- Welcome from Crystal Cathedral with Jay Fadden and Kevin Nelson followed by Welcome Address from Father Robert Reed
- Morning prayer with Father James Kubicki, S.J.
- “Allegory of Faith Through Sacred Art” - Father Michael Morris, O.P.
- “A Faith That Lives” – Mrs. Clara Gaymard
- Angelus led by Father Reed
- Interviews with Mrs. Gaymard, Berni and Rob Neal and Father Christopher Smith
- “Song As Prayer” - Chris Vath
- "Go Your Faith Has Saved You" - Father Peter Cameron, O.P.
- Prayer in Song for Our Country: My Country, 'tis of Thee
- Interviews with Father Cameron, Father Morris and Father Romanus Cessario
- Evening Prayer – Conclusion led by artistic director John Alexander and Father Cessario presentation
Choose on-demand videos by clicking on links/thumbnails.