President of the CatholicTV Network, Father Robert Reed offers six things everyone should know about the HHS Mandate.
- The mandate does not exempt Catholic charities, schools, universities, or hospitals.
- The mandate forces these institutions and others, against their conscience, to pay for things they consider immoral.
- The mandate forces coverage of sterilization and abortion-inducing drugs and devices as well as contraception.
- Catholics of all political persuasions are unified in their opposition to the mandate.
- Many other religious and secular people and groups have spoken out strongly against the mandate.
- The federal mandate is much stricter than existing state mandates.
Visit www.USCCB.org for key clarifications from the U.S. Catholic bishops on religious liberty, conscience protection and the HHS ruling.
Watch CatholicTV live for free www.iCatholic.tv on your iPad/iPhone.
CatholicTV is a 24/7 television network that broadcasts local and national religious programming and live events for the Catholic church in America. Heeding Pope Benedict XVI's call to greater utilize the power of television and new media to reach Christians, the network features CatholicTV, their Catholic web site, mobile apps and widget. Celebrate online mass; pray The Rosary; enjoy programs on prayer, the saints, the bible, Jesus, who is God and the Catholic church on America's Catholic Television Network.