In December, the CatholicTV Network has a full schedule of Advent and Christmas programming to celebrate the most wonderful time of the year, as Father Robert Reed, the director of the CatholicTV Network likes to say.
Begin Advent with Pope Benedict XVI as he celebrates first Vespers of this season that prepares Catholics for the coming of their Savior. It will air on the live on CatholicTV at 11:30 a.m. on December 1 and be rebroadcast at 8 p.m. Throughout Advent, tune in special programming on “episodes” of the original CatholicTV series Blink, featuring reflections from Father Reed, Father Dan O’Connell and more priests who celebrate our Masses. Other Advent specials include Wait and See: an Advent Journey with Father Richard Erikson and music specials. Visit www.CatholicTV.com/Advent for a complete schedule, on-demand videos of all our Advent reflections and more.
Beginning December 2, tune in every night at 8 for CatholicTV Christmas specials (Fridays 8:30, as ClearVoiceTM airs at 8). Enjoy concerts by choirs, including the Daughters of Saint Paul, We’ve Got to Talk Christmas with Father Dan and classic Christmas specials hosted by Kevin Nelson and Father Frank McFarland.
Beginning Christmas Eve at midnight, CatholicTV presents a marathon of Christmas programming for three straight days. Tune in for Christmas Masses, specials and concerts. During these 72 hours, enjoy Christmas episodes of our original CatholicTV series and other programs featuring musicians, choirs and artists celebrating Jesus’ birth. Watch the 72 hours of Christmas all day December 24-26. Masses from the Vatican, the National Shrine, and the Chapel of the Holy Cross at CatholicTV are all celebrated during the Christmas marathon.
Other programming highlights:
- December 3: America's Catholic Television Network will broadcast the Installation Mass of Archbishop Joseph Tobin, live from Saints Peter and Paul Cathedral, in Indianapolis at 2 p.m.
- December 8: For the Immaculate Conception of Mary, Pope Benedict XVI venerates the Blessed Virgin Mary under her title of the Immaculate Conception at the Spanish Steps in Rome at 3:30 p.m.
- December 12: Feast of Our Lady of Guadalupe Mass from the Miraculous Medal Shrine in Philadelphia with Bishop Alfonso Cabezas and Father Michael Callahan at noon.
- December 13: From the UCI Bren Events Center, Installation Mass of Bishop Kevin Vann for the Diocese of Orange, CA at noon and 8 p.m.
- December 21 at 8 p.m.: Christmas on CatholicTV gets going with a new epsiode of The Gist "A Very Special Gistmas".
All times Eastern - subject to change